Tuesday, December 18, 2012
Take it as a gift, but don't expect it
Its that time of the year again. I'm actually excited for Christmas even though I won't be building a snowman, cuddling with the love of my life, or making snow angels. But it's alright, I get to spend it with people who loved me dearly. Can't wait to see them in San Jose.
Tomorrow will be the last day of my finals which marks the end of my college career. The memory of my first 3 weeks here felt as if it was yesterday. I had a lot of bad experiences and met a lot of bad people. People who would not hesitate to hurt me or watch me fall. But I've met even more good people, good people who would take me out to dinner using the gift card they receive for Christmas, good people who offer me a place to stay, most of all good people who love me unconditionally.
I will always be grateful for their kindness and I will never forget it. There were times when I wasn't the easiest person to love, yet they never gave up on me. I still remember wanting to give up on college and life the second week I arrived. I felt lost, didn't have friends, and didn't know what to do.
I've learn so much and have grown so much intellectually and emotionally. Even though this was not the best college experience, I have met some wonderful people that have make a huge difference in my life.
It gets lonely sometimes and I wish I have a boyfriend, to cuddle, snuggle, and to love me. But I know I have to learn to be alone for awhile. When people make me smile and I have a great time, I am thankful for every second of it. I remind myself that it's not fair to expect others to take away my problems and make me happy. Life just doesn't work that way. I have to go out there and learn to make myself happy and do things for me, stop making decisions base on other people and doing things I enjoy.
Hoping to be in my own apartment next to the beach in Australia next Christmas. Wish me luck :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment