Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Lazy, unappreciative, and entitled people -.-

*Rant Alert


We all know, met, or befriended a brat at one point of our lives. While I was job searching (still...-.-) I came across an ad for a job opening encouraging bumis to apply. *clears throat I'm not about to go into the politics of it and if you're not Malaysian, Bumiputras originally meant aboriginals or indigenous. But the term in Malaysia is used loosely to indicate a certain racial group. To make it easier for those who are not local, it basically means anyone who is brown (just simplifying not trying to be offensive). 

I got upset when I saw it and didn't apply. There is a lot of reasons for non bumis to be upset due to a racially charge environment. But mine has nothing to do with that, I think I've move on from the racial argument and I don't want to get into politics (we have too much of that lately due to the upcoming general election). 

I'm upset and angry at people who had a good job ( and I mean GOOD), quit it, and claim that it is below them and they feel like they are better than that... that they deserve something bigger, like -- head of department? Really girl? you just started working, you can't even tell the difference between your responsibility and Joe's responsibility. 

It just angers me how entitled some people feel that they rather quit their jobs, stayed at home, and go to interviews to see if the job suits them instead of the other way around. If you're such a hotshot, you wouldn't be jobless. Just ... stop. 

The saddest thing is these people believe that the only way to get ahead is kiss ass. I know a lot of people do, and if you're one of them, I'm sorry I'm not a believer. If you have what it takes, you don't need to kiss ass. Kissing ass is for people with no ability, skill, experience, or what it takes. I'm not saying you go punch your boss in the face and expect a raise. 

You don't have to pick a fight or piss him off on purpose. Just do your part and make sure you do it well. You know, honest simple worker? If you think your boss is stupid not to know who is kissing ass, you need to live in a different planet.

News flash, some people hate being brown nose. Yeah, and those are usually really cool people *Jenna Marbles stare. In the end, you just end up attracting insecure, pompous, jerks to be your friends instead of real, honest, no nonsense, nice people. Think about that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment