Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Most Important Thing in Life is to be Happy

 Searching for graduate school can be daunting task. From choosing a program to writing your statement of purpose. Along this road of craziness, I gave up on my dream of ever being a successful psychologist. My backward country have little to know awareness of mental health. If I were to ever become a psychologist in this country, I would starve to death.

I started looking into other programs because the money was easy and the future job prospect tolerable. I figure I could volunteer during my free time to feel that need and simply stick to a profession that I do not loaf.

This week has been a weird week. I've been doing a lot of thinking and I realize how much I've been trying to live by other people's standard of success. How my fear of the future controlled me and push me into making decisions that I will regret. I decided that I'd rather live my dream or die trying. If I can do something that I love for a day, I am willing to take the risk of failing.

I really love doing what I do and I'm going to try and get into a clinical psychology program. Speech Therapy sounds interesting and is a lucrative market, but ultimately, those people deserve someone more passionate than me. At the end of the day, money is just money. I don't want to be lying on my deathbed 60 years from now and ask myself why I never did the things that I've always wanted to do. Sometimes it takes a a brave soul, a leap of faith, and the believe that all roads will eventually lead to Rome to get us through the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment