Some people profess that they choose peace daily. Yogis, hippies, religious people, gurus and etc.
That's great and commendable. However when you masquarade peace to protect and stand with an abuser, you're not being peaceful, you're an enabler.
Yes I understand you choose not to get angry and "let it go" and be okay with it. But if you're going to continue on any relationship with this person and pretend like it never happen, what you're saying indirectly to him is that you're okay with the way he behave.
We all make choices for ourselves. Some of us choose to accept abuse (I did for a long time) and be "peaceful" but doesn't mean I have to stoop to your level and accept that kind of behavior. Just because you're happy riding a bike doesn't mean I can't set my sights on a BMW.
What it simply means is you have no standards for yourself and in the long run, allow these abusive people to continue their ways and in a subtle way promote it. I can't see the peace in subtly/covertly promoting abuse. There is definitely no point attempting to reason with someone who is okay to be abuse and enjoys it.
No comments:
Post a Comment