Friday, April 12, 2013

Cynicism Towards Men



First of all this is NOT a post about MEN HATING. It is a post about certain type of men rather than the whole gender itself. 

Recently, I have bump into a few friends who struck the same chord as my relationship did. It really bring home those memories as I can relate to what they are going through. Even though the details and the dynamic of the relationship is different and unique in every relationship, there is a common theme that seems to follow these broken relationships.

My friends are not perfect, neither am I. I'm not blaming the failings of a relationship on men, but rather on a certain type of attitude and outlook.  The common theme that precedes a breakup is usually there is a problem. It could be emotional or financial, the female tries to work it out, the men stick around to enjoy a free ride while we work on the relationship. When it gets rocky and we can't seem to fix it, they bail.

Not all relationships are like that and I applaud you if you found a men that is willing to work for a relationship. But this is a common theme shared among me and those whom are dear to me. What made these men so lazy, entitled and selfish? Maybe because we are willing to walk the extra mile for them because we care and they took it for granted. 

I can't say my opinion about men is not colored after what I've been through. If you can find a men who won't bail on you when things get tough, won't replace you when you grow old, and smart enough to see that you would wipe his wrinkly ass and clean his denture when he looks like the love child of Jabba the Hut and Dumbledore, I say keep him. Sadly, most men these days see marriage as something that last a few years, a serious relationship as perks - cheaper rent, free sex, free maid, and sometimes free punching bag.

There are many horror stories about how men disowned their family because he had a mentally challenged child. Can I not be cynical about men? No. If I date women, I'm pretty sure I'd be cynical towards them too.
It's not love that is hard to find in this world, it's commitment, responsibility, and character. 

They will "promise" to give you the moon when things are going well, and when things get ruff, you should be happy if he gives you your stuff back. Crappy men comes from all walks of life, we can blame their childhood, poor parenting, culture, and so on. But the biggest contributor is women.

Yes I said it. Stop sticking around when he is a dick. Stop putting up with him. Stop being so desperate. If you draw a line and refuse to lower the bar, they can either rise above or leave. Women give men way too much slack. This is the reason why they think behaviors such as unemployment by choice, hitting you, calling you names, refusing to work for a relationship is acceptable. 

It is shocking to me how when someone with standards stood up and say it's not okay, these men start verbally attacking them and tell them this is "how relationship" works and this is what "real life is" since "everyone is doing it" and you're being "controlling and mean". 

Fuck you. Yeah, I'd rather be rich, successful, and single than to be with someone lazy, uncommitted, stupid, indecisive, and most of all selfish. I don't plan to pay your bills bro, nor am I planning to have your kids so you can receive welfare checks. Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional. Women, mothers, and sisters, please stop preventing our men from growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment