Friday, March 21, 2014

Friend zone


Friend zone is a phenomenon when a women treats you nothing more than a friend when you wanted something more. It's a peculiar place, or a bad place according to most people.

Peculiar simply because I've seen people escape the friend zone by patiently staying in it and crawl out of it inch by inch. But for every victory there is a thousand defeats. Anyone who have been in the friend zone knows how hard it is. You invest your time, effort, hope, and so on not knowing if you'll ever get to be more than friends. No wonder most people quit before they even try.

It's hard being in a place where you can't escape, it's even worst when you have to deal with this person on a daily basis. Men always wonder why they are being friend zoned, often blaming women for their demise. Yes there are women who would put good men in friend zone and date assholes.

However the majority of women are simply not interested for other reasons. In my most honest opinion I believe most men put themselves in the friend zone without knowing it. When we say we want to date a nice gentleman, most of us mean it.

That means we are looking for someone who cares about us not just what we are. What do I mean by that? I have men who ascribes feelings for me without asking me how I feel about things. They would assume that is how I feel or should feel and make choices accordingly completely ignoring the fact that I am a living breathing human being. If I do voice up, most would be nice enough to listen while a small portion of these men would shut me down and tell me that's not how I "should" feel. Why shouldn't I friend zone men like this? Heck they are lucky they are in friend zone and not in the ass hole zone.

It's hard to say no nicely. There is no way to completely eliminate the sting of rejection. We usually try to be nice and say it the nicest possible way and I know it's hard no matter how easy we try to let you down. I start thanking whatever deity I feel like believing that day for friend zoning men who takes rejection badly like a butt hurt 6 year old boy. I have guys who feel the need to pass rude judgements about me or reject me in some other way to get even because I didn't want to go out with them. And yet these particular men would tell me how I am single and not dating because I friend zone good men like .... ahem... wait for it... them. Yeah, you're so awesome that a no sends you flying off the handle....

I guess what I am trying to say is be nice and don't try to get even or be mean to people who turn you down nicely. Chances are, they just don't want to waste your time, money, and effort. You should thank them for being honest with you and either move on or try harder. Trying to get even or being mean only proves them right. Take the high road and be an adult, instead of wasting your time hating on people who friend zone you, you can use that time to meet someone new.


No comments:

Post a Comment