Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Where does a misogynistic pig live in the 21st century?

   It has been hard meeting new people after returning home from a 4 year hiatus and not having a job. I was messing with a close friend of mine and told her jokingly how she should introduce me to some of her friends.  It is amazing to have close friends and how they understand where you are coming from. She told me she had a friend who would like to meet new people too. So I thought, "SWEET!". I never say no to new friends.

So I went along with it and low and behold he emailed me (instead of using the email to find me on facebook which was the original intention). So we started talking and the first question he ask was why I had my facebook profile picture blackout. If you live in Malaysia, you will know that it is a silent protest against the election result which was rigged. I simply told him (trying not to assume he is an idiot) that it is because of electoral fraud. So what he said next was .... well I'll let you be the judge.

He told me how he knows the government cheated but my facebook is too dark.... as if trying to tell me that I should change the way my facebook looks because he doesn't like it...

Dude, I just met you, I am not going to change my facebook because you have an opinion about it... WHICH, I didn't ask :) So I was kind of piss but I just move on because I want to give him the benefit of the doubt... and then the sexism and treatment of as if I'm an ape continued....

Long story short, I stick around simply not to make things awkward and try to make everyone happy but me...making me feel like shit. So I just simply deleted him without telling him how much of a pig he is. Maybe I should give him a piece of my mind....

No comments:

Post a Comment