Do I think she is dirt? No. Do I believe she deserve respect like any other human being? Yeah sure. BUT the biggest question is, do I think her profession have GREAT significance? Sadly no. Why you may ask. I don't hate teachers I just think teachers day is hype out of proportion in Malaysia or in Asia in general.
How many sexual assault cases have we seen where the perpetrators are these people? How many cases of abuse by these people have been reported? We cannot give these people the same amount of regard as God as this has caused so many problems and let them commit heinous crimes under the sky. I do not celebrate teachers day because our teachers in this country are under-qualified (I have a teacher who cannot spell or pronounce "adult"), lack of basic manners (Screaming and yelling at parents as if they are given such rights and forgetting the fact that they work for the people), and most of all beating the kids senseless. Yes I am talking about abuse and blind obedience.
Asian people have themselves to blame for this. Their high regard for a menial profession has to stop. I understand back in the day teachers would received students out of their kindness because they work for themselves. Essentially, they are self employed. Nowadays, teachers work for the state -- to serve the people. We pay them to teach our children, it doesn't go the other way. They take our tax payers money and they should respect us and respect our children. If they still dream of the ancient times of blind obedience and high regard, they need to contact DR. Who.
Times has change and so have people. Teachers are no longer moral (for the most part no) or respectable. I don't think my cousin is contributing her life to my country, I think she settled for a job that she hates and simply yell at children to past time.
So yeah, this dude... if you will... thought I was insulting him...well it didn't started out that way but it sure ended that way. Simply because I cannot stand people who can't see both sides of the coin and started launching personal insults. At the same time, I realize I can't blame him as he graduated locally and is groomed to blind obedience and the lack of ability to converse or debate openly like an adult.
Look at our education, most Malaysians today cannot compete in the job market because of their lack of English skills and even professionalism. My cousin (other cousin not teacher) and my best friend was easily hired simply because they graduated elsewhere. Local graduates either get a vote of no confidence from future employers or simply end up with a government job (like a teacher) or work at a crappy job.
This is the reason why Malaysian degrees is worth as much as toilet paper. It is no joke, because even teachers encourage plagiarism by cheating on examination to become a teacher! The atrocity these people commit and yet they still want us to dedicate a day to them?
I'd rather dedicate a day to Nurses, Volunteer workers, Bone Marrow donors than to celebrate teachers. They are paid to serve the people, they don't get to whine and ask for special privilege. Their privilege is to be employed by us and work for us. Plain and simple. If anyone comes up to me wanting to celebrate teachers day, I'm going to tell them I want a holiday for managers. Because even though half of them are assholes, they are so insignificant that I still want to celebrate it... just like teachers day.
No comments:
Post a Comment