Friday, June 14, 2013

The Unsatisfying Mind of a Human Being

As we go through life, we learn many things along the way. As you grow up, you begin to realize not everything you want is good for you. And the toughest choice is not choosing between the lesser of two evils, but choosing between two very bright, very good paths.

We can never see the future yet we want to make sure the choices we make are the best. Moving away from something good is hard, but I guess sometimes you have to boil it down to what you want at the end of the day. Friends, people, relationships, those will come and go. No matter how good or bad they may be, it change as the seasons go by. 

To say goodbye to something you know and move into the unknown is hard, but deep down inside, I know... I have to try and take that step. Complacent and content is what keeps us still. Maybe there is an upside to being unsatisfied and malcontent. When you thought you want something so bad that you would pray to the unknown gods to fulfill it, yearn for it, dream of it, and cry because of it. Yet, when it is given to you, you begin to wonder if this is after all what you want.

6 months ago, I thought coming home would be equivalent to death -- death of my hopes, dreams, and future. But instead, it became the sweetest and most wonderful time of my life. I met the nicest people in the world, who would push me, encourage me, and was never shy of sharing their knowledge with me. I am bless, truly bless, whether I was given what I want.

It is moments like this that makes me realize, life is what you make of it. And no matter where you are... there is always people that can inspire you and care about you. I learn an important lesson, life is not a beast that can be tamed, we can only go along with it as it takes us on the worst and best adventures it has to offer. And mine is far from over.    

No comments:

Post a Comment