Friday, June 24, 2016

You Can Never Outsmart the Future

A few years ago I met a gentleman that I thought would be the love of my life and we would carve a path for ourselves in this ever changing and scary world. But he had a different idea, he wanted to do it without me, because he felt I was a burden to him. So he came up with all sorts of lies and broke my heart. In that moment of brokenness I realize I had no control over other people's actions, great or awful. So I let him go.

It felt unfair, that he would do such a thing to me and could move on with his life to a better place and find greener pastures. Yet here I am having to endure his lies and excuses. But I had to make my own path without him. I can't be angry forever and expect the world to be fair. Just because I choose to live my life with integrity doesn't mean other people will do the same.

A wise women once told me that consequences always catches up with everyone. Sometimes, it just takes a little time. So today, Brexit is for real. It's been decided that England will leave the EU. Consequences finally caught up with him. Looking back, it's true that everything happens for a reason. If he never broke my heart and we were still together today, I would most likely be working in England and be force to go back to Poland after today's decision. Not being able to speak polish, I'd probably be stuck in a miserable place.

I'd never thought after 3 years England would leave EU or that the majority of people would vote for it. Yet here we are. The future is a very unpredictable place. The only thing you can do is live each day with integrity so that no matter what happens in the future when you look back, you know you made the right decision.To put in context, the last time when England call for such a vote was 40 years ago. No one could have foresee this considering how close the votes come to. But I guess we all reap what we sow. Every action has a consequence, could be 3 years from now, and it could be 16 years from now. You can't outrun the ill will you sow.

So yes, he left me to move to Welshpool to work, I was angry that he gets to enjoy life but I guess that's short lived now. An important lesson to glean from this, karma is a real bitch, never screw people over thinking you can outsmart the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment